COMPUTER SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL
A seasoned, problem-solving, object-oriented software engineer with extensive real-world commercial experience creating high-quality, database-driven enterprise applications using .NET languages. Strengths include a hands-on developer and team player, a good user interface designer and interests in the mobile world.
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- Windows Forms
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Oracle 10g
- Microsoft Access
- Visual Studio 2010
- SQL 2008 Management Studio
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5
- Telerik ASP.NET AJAX controls
- Visual Source Safe
- N-tier client server architecture
BECTON, DICKINSON and COMPANY, San Diego, CA
2010 - Present
A $4 billion patient care company with 15,000 employees worldwide.
Senior Consultant in Learning Management System, Global Learning
As part of a 9-person team, I helped design and develop eClass 4.0 - an FDA-regulated, Title 21 CFR Part 11 (21 CFR 11), localized, C# ASP.NET 4.0 and Microsoft SQL 2008-based learning management system. It is a single sign-on Windows-authenticated site used worldwide by personnel to take training and manage their training requirements.
- 3-tier application employed C# master pages, resources files and inheritance of base classes.
- Built complex custom user controls, a quiz tool, an audience selector, and executed SMTP functionality.
- Created Microsoft SQL 2008 SSIS packages for data integration and email processing.
- Wrote and performed implementation plans for deployments.
- Created SQL stored procedures, functions and views supporting the data layer.
- Verified migration of legacy application via SQL statements using Excel spreadsheets for tests.
- Maintained previous version prior to beginning development of new system in 2011.
- Developer of a ScrewTurn-based Wiki for the software development team to promote collaboration.
- Managed and extended internal web-based database-driven bug tracking site (BugTracker.NET).
- Introduced team to Scrum and Agile software development.
IRDETO BSS, Carlsbad, CA
2005 - 2009
A $75 million cable and satellite TV customer care and billing software provider.
Staff Senior Software Engineer
Delivered various C#-based components adding extensive capabilities to the ASP.NET 3.5 flagship application, IBS v6, in an Agile-based software development environment. Co-lead developer from inception in a 7-member team creating a BackOffice C# Windows Form configuration application using software patterns to ensure proper code development as new engineers joined the team. Subject Matter Expert in a BackOffice application that allowed users to run massive batch updates to the application’s database.
- Developed C# ASP.NET 3.5-based web pages for IBS v6.
- Lead developer of a C# Windows Form BackOffice application (the Translation Manager) that updated a separate Oracle database so users could configure each text element of the user interface.
- Used Team Foundation Server and Cruise Control.NET for automated continuous source control.
- Resolved software defects in legacy Visual Basic 6 SP5 application; designed and created a Silverlight 2.0 prototype and a WPF prototype for its updated version.
- Responsible for reworking the wiki UI for easier use and discovery of information to help disseminate a vast amount of intellectual property to a growing team of software engineers.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, San Diego, CA
2003 - 2005
Software Engineer - Fresenius Medical Care Extracorporeal Alliance
Lead developer in a three-person team; initiated R&D and design phases of a Visual BASIC.NET project to replace a legacy database application (Paradox database on DOS) for a medical personnel outsourcing company.
Senior Software Engineer - Hewlett-Packard
Contributed to team of software engineers in an internal study on the usability of the company’s large intranet.
Software Engineer - Communication Partners, Inc.
Collaborated with team engineers and created user interface and data validity component for an internal VB.NET Windows Form application that created benefits enrollment package web sites.
EAST COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL, San Diego, CA
2001 - 2002
After Hours Contract Software Developer for www.connectory.com
Worked with a small team to design and develop a classic ASP-based web site to import data for a database used by the California Buyer-Supplier network. Won 2002 Governor's Technology & Innovation Award.
WIRELESS KNOWLEDGE, INC., San Diego, CA
2000 - 2003
A joint venture of QUALCOMM and Microsoft allowing customers to wirelessly access enterprise data.
Senior Staff Software Engineer
Pioneer in a team responsible for building a SQL Server-driven administrative support web site for maintaining users in flagship collaborative software-mobilizing application, Workstyle. Lead developer in project that transitioning from classic ASP and Visual Basic web classes to ASP.NET data grids and to C# Windows Forms.
STELLCOM TECHNOLOGIES, San Diego, CA
1998 - 2000
A multi-million dollar premier systems integration firm
Senior Software Engineer – Staff and Contractor
Worked with several developers developing Visual Basic components and creating classic ASP web sites driven by Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. Transitioned to Wireless Knowledge in 2000.
WRIGHT STRATEGIES, INC., San Diego, CA
1996 - 1998
A $5 million provider of rapid development, enterprise mobile applications.
Webmaster and Technical Publications Manager
Managed two technical writers who created technical documents for flagship handheld PC-based application, FormLogic. Led the transition of the corporate web site from HTML-based to classic ASP.
SkillSoft Elective Training: 2010 - Present
Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL: 4/2011
Microsoft Professional Developers Conference (PDC) Attendee, Los Angeles: 11/2008
Introduction to Agile and Extreme Programming Practices (Carlsbad): 9/2007
BA (Biology), Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio
Updated May 2013